Friday, December 30, 2011

WHAT'S YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION?


Lots of people say they don't like to have New Year's resolutions because they are "constantly improving themselves all year-long". Well, I DO need that re-start button at least once a year to remind me that we can continuously be re-invented, re-newed, and re-born.

To me, January 1st does represent a fresh start, a clean slate.

So what am I planning to improve in 2012?

1. EXERCISE. Be more consistent with my workouts. Its amazing how radically you can change your body when you commit. You can loose your job, you can loose your partner, but no one can take away the work you put into yourself, your health, and your body.

2. CLEAN. Pick up after myself more often (I'm like a Snail, I leave a trail of things behind everywhere I go). The trunk of my car has been a trash can for the past year.  Oops, I forgot to dump that apple I packed back in May. I have plenty of "JUNK IN MY TRUNK" that needs a cleaning.

3. KIND. Be nicer to myself. The world is harsh enough as it is. If you are not nice to yourself, no one else will. This year I realized that no one will take care of your interests more than you. Love yourself, we can't do enough of that. Don't judge yourself to much. Don't compare yourself to anybody. Like they say, "the Sun shines for everyone", and I truly believe that.

4. PARENTS. Be better to my Mom and Dad. As teenagers we blame everything on them, and sometimes we forget to shake it off even in adulthood. They are human too and one day, they will not be here anymore.

5.THINK. Breathe and think before I react. I've lost friends and opportunities for over-reacting and being overly emotional. I've seen people lose their jobs because they lost their cool. As humans we are emotional creatures so kick the walls, destroy your pillows, pick up those boxing gloves and punch way, but do it when your home alone.

6. THE PLAN. Have confidence with Gods Plan, the Universe's Plan, Buddha's plan, whatever you are into. I truly believe their is a Plan for all of us and when you feel a lull in your life, the Powers are just working out your plan. Be patient. The architects may be doing a re-haul on your life and they are figuring out where to put your new kitchen, your new den and that nice pool.

7. ENJOY. I have had a career that has taken me to the best Hotels, Cities and Restaurants of the world, but believe it or not sometimes the best moments of my life have been the simple ones. Cuddling up with my boyfriend near a crackling fire. Watching my daughter overwhelmed with Joy at the park.  Having a nice dinner with my mom. Yes, its cliche but cliches reflect deep truths. Everything gets old, even 5 star Hotels, and Limos. I know Im probably sounding crass right now but I am writing from my heart. We watch reality shows and we glamorize their lifestyle. If only we lived in a million dollar mansion, if only we had that great body, if only we made as much money as they did. Everything is relative. How many people in third world countries wish they could live OUR lifestyle? I have running warm water, enough clothes for this season and next, and hey, last night I ate Sushi for dinner! Now, thats pretty fancy to some, and if we don't ENJOY these things we are missing the moments. WE are the STARS of our own lives.

8. DON'T JUDGE. We are so quick to judge people before we know whats going on in their heads and in their lives. At the end of the day, most of us have deep fears of everything from losing our jobs to losing our health. We as humans, are all in this together. Lets support each other. If someone doesn't say hello back or ignores you, maybe they are dealing with something, give them a hug not a frown.

9. LEARN. I've been putting off Rosetta Stone's French Language DVD's. In Los Angeles we spend so many idle hours on freeways, might as well learn a new language and learn to tell the guy that just cut me off a word or two in a different language and then say "oops Pardon my French!".

10. LET GO. So a guy you dated a million years ago was a stupid A-hole, that Ex-boss was totally gross, condescending and not so smart, your old friend really hurt you. LET THEM GO, they obviously let YOU GO!  We have all come across  these kinds of gnats (GNAT: definition: an annoying insect that sucks blood from humans). Set them free, they were not good enough to stay in your life. Look around you and you will see that  the quality of the people around you NOW has improved after these pests exited your life.

11. KEEP my  New Years Resolutions.

***SOME OF YOU MAY BE JUDGING ME right now, so please refer to Number 8, 10 and 3 .
HAPPY NEW YEARS!
What are your New Years Resolutions? (comment below)

1 comment:

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: