Girls just want to have fun right?
My daughter just turned 8. She's NOT into Care Bears, she's over Justin Bieber. She's a pre-pre-teen. So this year it was tough to find an appropriate theme for her Birthday Party. Her and I both agreed that a ROCK STAR theme would be pretty Cool.
This is what I did:
1. INVITATIONS: Rock Star themed. Instructions inside read: Adults and Kids come dressed up as ROCK STARS!
3. DECORATIONS: Hung Plenty of "Rock Star" dangly things
B) PEACHES THE CLOWN: A face-painter/clown who painted cool musical notes on kids faces and had some magic tricks up her sleeve.
5. CAKE: pre-ordered from Costco with musical note decoration, then stuck a huge "Rock Star" trophy on top of it.
6. GOODY BAGS: went to 99cents store and bought Rock Star themed goodies. Also made a CD with all of Giselles favorite music.
7. FOOD: Pizza, Popcorn, Rock Star Cupcakes, and Rock Star Punch
8. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITES: huge slide bouncer, after all, the princess castle bouncy houses are for wimps right?
9. HAD A BLAST!
I can't believe how fast the years have gone by. It seems like just yesterday Giselle was in my arms, barely a few hours old, and now she's 8! With her own personality, intelligence, and an attitude to boot! I picked a perfect theme for her party, because in my eyes she is MY ROCKSTAR!!!!! Truth of the matter is, although its HER birthday, she's the best present I ever got!