Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Buddy Crooks! Is it O.K. to Steal Other Peoples Friends?




A long time ago I read an article written by someone who was bitter against people "stealing" her friends. My answer to that: you can't "steal" anyone's friends, just like you can't "steal" anyone's boyfriend, job or social status.
If their really yours, NO ONE can take them away from you.

I for one, have met a lot of my friends through other friends. My "real" friends where happy about the fact that I was able to make a connection with their friends, because that's how you think when you live in a mentality of abundance and not fear.

Imagine if, in "Sex and the City" Carrie would have never introduced Samantha to Charlotte or Miranda? It would have been a lonely "Sex and the City" right? Or if in "Three Stooges" Curly never meet Larry because Moe was scared he would "take him away"? You get the picture.

The point is, sharing your friends is part of having a true friendship. I believe that the only people that are scared of sharing their friends are not good friends to anybody.

I was introduced to my best friend through my ex-boyfriend almost 10 years ago!! Needless to say, thats the best thing he brought into my life.

When you allow your friends to mingle with your other ones, I feel you create a Synergy that could only bring positive things.

Im having girls night out on Saturday. My best friend is bringing her co-worker that I've never met, and I'm bringing a new friend my collegue just introduced me to. None of us are scared to introduce one to the other. That just sounds silly.
You never know when or how the real Amandas, Charlottes, and Carries will meet. And like Carrie Bradshaw famously said, "Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates, and guys are just people to have fun with. "

(**unless you find a catch like I did with my boyfriend El Jefe)
Friendship charms at:
http://www.preciousaccents.com/

3 comments:

  1. well said darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. A true friendship is forever and unselfish. I know for a fact my BFF will be there for me no matter what this life throws our way. True friends welcome each other friends without threats. I am extremely lucky to have my BFF :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: