Thursday, June 9, 2011

BARRYS BOOTCAMP: BRING.IT.ON

SUNDAY, JUNE 5, 2011



Yes! I tried out Barry's Bootcamp (an intense one hour work out that involves both cardio and weight training) and the verdict is:  I loved it!

I was intimidated at first because many celebrities swear by it (i'm talking about Kim Kardashian ya'll) and although I do work out frequently I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up.

When I walked through the door I literally felt like it was my first day in Kindergarten and I wanted my Mommy to be there and hold my hand.

But, this 30+ year old woman had to grow some and just face her fears.

I think my 3 mile weekly runs "trained" me for this Bootcamp and I was prepared for the intensity. I knew I was "in" when I told the fit girl working out next to me that this was my first class and she said, "wow you're a pro!"

Moral of the story: Don't let things intimidate you. I put off taking this class for almost a year because I heard how hard it was, and when I took it, yes it was challenging, but not anything I wasn't able to handle.

When the class was over, I felt such a sense of accomplishment. Not only because I knew that I just had a great workout, but because I was able to face my fears. I also realized that I was obviously not giving myself enough credit, since I survived this class with my limbs intact. Barry... bring it on...

http://www.barrysbootcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMMENT ON THIS BLOG BELOW: